Following the coronavirus outbreak, we have carefully reviewed government guidelines for operating safely in our particular industry and playing our part in minimising the spread of the virus.
As a responsible business and employer, we have also undertaken a detailed review of our working practices for the protection and reassurance of both our staff and clients.
We are absolutely committed to ensuring that our staff have a safe place of work, and that they have all the personal protective equipment ('PPE') that they require such as disposable gloves, disposable face masks, disposable aprons, and face shields.
Our risk assessment has prompted us to introduce a raft of new measures and procedures so that we can resume our domestic cleaning without putting anyone at additional risk of contracting the coronavirus. These measures include the following:
• staff who travel together in the same vehicle are required to wear non-surgical face masks (except the driver) with windows slightly open throughout their journey
• staff are required to be aware of the main symptoms of coronavirus such as a new, persistent cough, a high temperature and/or experiencing breathing difficulty
• on arrival, and before commencing work, staff should ask their host to confirm that all people in the household are in good health and not experiencing any of the above symptoms
• clients are asked to leave all internal doors open immediately prior to the appointed time to facilitate social distancing for when their cleaners arrive
• staff should ask for permission to open at least one window in each room that they clean in order to create as much ventilation as possible, and turn on an extractor fan when cleaning a bathroom or toilet
• while cleaning, staff should maintain a 2 metre distance from their co-workers, or where this is not reasonably practicable, work side-by-side and facing away from each other
• all staff have been instructed to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue (not their hands) should they need to cough or sneeze, and immediately dispose of the tissue, wash their hands and replace their gloves
• staff are encouraged to refrain as much as possible from touching their eyes, mouth, nose or other parts of their face while cleaning
• staff are encouraged to regularly wash their hands throughout their working day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or if this is not possible, with the hand sanitiser supplied to them
• staff have been instructed to focus on the cleaning of high-touch areas and items such as kitchen work surfaces, door handles, light switches, and TV remote controls
• disposable gloves and aprons should be replaced between each property attended
• staff are given discretion to wear face shields (in addition to other PPE) taking into account, for example, the nature of the cleaning task in hand, or difficulty in observing social-distancing.
My Clean Home - Alvechurch - Barnt Green
My Clean Home is the trading name of My Clean Home Limited. A company registered in England & Wales with company no. 10932313. Registered office address: 95 Birmingham Road, Alvechurch, Birmingham, B48 7TD. Copyright © My Clean Home. All Rights Reserved